Nails are made up of Keratin and are an important part of our body. They protect fingers and toes. Approximately nails gain about one eighth of an inch per month.[expand title=”trigger text”] Their growth can be influenced by hormones, temperature, poor nutrition, infections and ageing. In order to grow the nails long and strong one has to take care internally and externally. Here are some tips
- Biotin, vitamins and protein supplements increase nail thickness and prevent splitting and breaking.
- Drink lots of water as hydration is key for beautiful skin, hair, and nails.
- Rub Oil, petroleum jelly or a thick cream into your nails to hold moisture for dry and brittle nails.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals which and unhealthy and weaken the nail.
- Don’t cut cuticles as it is the natural barrier to fungus and bacteria.
- Keep nails short as short nails are less prone to breaking.
- Avoid using nails as tools.
- Avoid biting nails.
- Don’t share your nail file as it is a porous germ trapper.
- Applying a nail hardener as protective layer might help strengthen nails.
- Consider getting a manicure done but don’t overdo.
It doesn’t take much time to give the nails the attention they need to grow pretty and strong that adds beauty to our fingers.[/expand]