Onychoschizia or Brittle Nails is a common complaint and many factors influence their strength. Diet, age, weather and use of lotions which contain harsh chemicals wreck total havoc on them. trigger text
- Apply a moisturizer (nail and cuticle oil) at bedtime and cover with a white cotton glove or sock.
- Wear dish gloves as our nails expand in water which increases the chance of breaking.
- Take magnesium, omega-3 fatty acid supplements.
- Few drops of lemon juice with olive oil turn brittle and chipped nails to strong and healthy nails.
- Filing of snags or irregularities regularly helps to prevent further breakage or splitting.
- Iron deficiency can cause concave or depressed nails. So make sure that you are not iron deficient.
- Drink lots of water and maintain healthy diet.
- Reduce the use of water, polish remover and dark polishes.
- Nails and cuticles can take beating from filing, handling papers and typing. So use the flat of your finger pads on the key board instead of tips of your nails.
- Don’t pull or tear at hang nails.
Healthy nails are beautiful nails. The most important thing is to eat well and groom them regularly.